Safety Precautions As We Re-open
Dear Glendale Optometric Center Family,
We have missed you! Although our office has been shut down for routine care for the past 2 months, we have been busy behind closed doors.
As of May 18th, we are open! It is our top priority to provide the safest experience and highest level of customer service to welcome you back. In order to maximize your safety and minimize your risk of exposure to illness, we will be taking the following precautions:
- Crowd control in the store: until further notice, we ask that you not bring a companion to your appointment, unless you need a caregiver or guardian to assist you.
- All forms and paperwork will be completed prior to appointments to streamline our check-in process.
- Staff and patients are required to wear masks at all times. Please bring your own mask and wear it upon arrival.
- Temperatures will be taken with a non-contact infrared (IR) thermometer upon entering the office. Staff will also be required to have their temperatures taken twice a day.
- Please call ahead to schedule a time to pick up your eyeglass and contact lens orders. Complimentary shipping will be provided when purchasing 2+ boxes of contact lenses.
- Our opticians will provide concierge service and assist each patient with frame selection. All frames removed from the displays will be disinfected and cleaned using a UV Sterilizer and hypochlorous acid.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the store for your safety.
- Our office will follow our Clean Practice Protocol. All surfaces will be wiped down frequently with Pure & Clean hypochlorous solution (found to be effective in killing COVID-19) as well as Microsure all-purpose cleaner and disinfectant (the same solution used by other hospitals like The Cleveland Clinic) to help form a barrier on all surfaces in the office to prevent any bacteria or pathogens from lingering.
- Our office hours will for the most part remain unchanged, however we will be spacing our appointments out a little differently as well as extending our hours to prevent overcrowding. Our new offices hours will be:
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Follow us on our Instagram page and our Facebook page for the latest updates.
The world has changed since your last visit with us, but one thing remains constant: our commitment to your health and well-being. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Call or text now to schedule your eye exam at (818) 243-1300
Drs. Gin, Nishi, Peng, Kanamoto and the GOC Staff